Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
200 firm tofu - drained well & cut into triangular shapes
1-2 slices ginger
4 caps of dried mushrooms - softened & drained
40 g okra
30 g raw red skin peanuts - boiled until slightly tender, then rinsed with water & drained
35g roasted chestnuts
Oil, toasted sesame oil, white pepper, salt to taste, cornstarch slurry (optional)
Sauce: 1 tablespoon vegan oyster sauce (or stir fry sauce), 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 11/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1. Pan fry tofu triangles in a heated non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon oil until golden brown on each side. Season with salt and set aside.
2. In a heated pot with 1 tablespoon oil, saute ginger until fragrant. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 1 min until aromatic.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, add pan-fried tofu along with the water, sauce and a few shakes of white pepper. Place a lid over and boil the mixture. Add the okra and turn heat to low-med, let simmer until sauce is slightly reduced.
4. Taste and season with more salt, if necessary. For a thicker sauce, swirl in the cornstarch slurry before turning off the heat.
5. Add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil and serve warm with rice.
Enjoy your meal !
More information about pure diet can be found on our blog.
Thank you for reading.